What types of personal data do we collect?
When you use our services, you accept that our company may collect some of your personal data. Personal data include any information concerning identified or identifiable natural person, also indirectly by referring to any other information, including a personal identification number. This page is intended to tell you which data we collect, why and how we use them.
Data provided by the user
If you are a private citizen or a company, when you register with us, we ask you to provide us with some personal or company information which is necessary to use our service.
Third party data
If you provide personal data of third parties, e.g. those of your relatives or friends, you must be sure that these subjects have been correctly informed and have given consent to the concerning processing operations as described in this policy.
Data of under-16s
If you are under 16, you are not allowed to provide us with any personal data nor you can register with us; in any case, we will assume no responsibility for any false declarations you may provide. Should we notice the existence of untruthful declarations, we will proceed with the immediate cancellation of any personal data acquired.
Data collected automatically
We collect the following data through the services you use:
- technical data: for example, IP address, type of browser, information on your computer, however such information cannot be used as a tool for your identification or profiling;
- data collected using cookies or similar technologies: for further information, please visit the Cookies section.
1. How do we use the data we collect?
We use the data collected to offer you our service, to inform you about our commercial activities or to give you a more personalized service in line with your interests.
1.1. To guarantee you the access to our services and improve the provision
We use your following data to guarantee the access to our services and their provision:
Registration and access to the reserved area;
Communications related to the provision of the service;
Administrative, financial and accounting activities, such as those relating to the purchase of payment services and possible recovery of receivables.
Such processing operations are necessary to correctly provide the subscribing users with the services.
1.2. To inform you about our commercial activities
If you have expressly given us your consent, we use the data collected to inform you about promotional activities which may interest you.
In particular we use them:
To communicate promotional, commercial and advertising activities about events, initiatives or partnerships, by SMS or push notifications; only if you are a professional, by phone calls through an operator, customer care service consisting in offering dedicated services during sale and after-sale;
To carry out analysis and reporting activities connected with the promotional communication systems, for example to detect the number of emails opened, the clicks made on the links in the communication, the kind of device used to read the communication and its operating system, and the list of people who have unsubscribed from the newsletter.
2. Is the provision of personal data mandatory?
The provision of personal data is mandatory only for the processing operations necessary to the provision of the services offered (any refusal for purposes of providing the service makes it impossible to use the service); however, it is optional for promotional and profiling purposes and any refusal to give consent does not have any negative consequences on the provision of the service offered within the website and related applications.
3. Who are the subjects of the processing?
3.1. Data controller
The data controller is WRTC 2022 Organizing Committee, represented by its pro-tempore legal representative, with registered office c/o Villa Griffone, Via dei Celestini 1, 40037 Sasso Marconi, Italy.
The data controller avails him/herself of people in charge of the processing operations to reach the purposes stated in point 1 and to supervise the protection of personal data.
For any request concerning your personal data, refer to the following section 3.2.
3.2. Data Protection Officer (DPO) and contact information
The person in charge of personal data protection (Data Protection Officer) pursuant to art. 37 of the GDPR is not needed.
We remind you that you can contact the DPO at any time and send any question or request regarding your personal data and the protection of your privacy by emailing email@example.com .
3.3. Subjects personal data may be communicated to
The data collected as part of the provision of the service may be communicated to:
companies with functions strictly connected to and useful for the – also technical – feasibility of the services, for example suppliers, companies providing archiving, administrative, payment and invoicing services, companies providing technical components for the provision of some service features, administrative and legal authorities and bodies by virtue of legal obligations.
Your personal information may be transferred outside the European Union to be processed by some of our service providers, in particular in the technological field, e.g. clouding and hosting. In this case, we make sure that this transfer takes place in compliance with the current legislation and that an adequate level of personal data protection is guaranteed, on the basis of adequacy decision, of standard clauses defined by the European Commission or of Binding Corporate Rules.
Under no circumstances do we transfer or sell personal data to third parties.
4. How can you obtain information about your data, modify them, delete them or have a copy?
4.1. Access to your personal data in your reserved area and withdrawal of the consent (opt-out)
At any time, you can see your personal data in your reserved area
At any time, you can withdraw the consents you may have given accessing your reserved area and removing the flag.
4.2. Export and deletion of personal data
To export your personal data (takeout) or request its deletion you can send a request to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you registered with.
Your personal data will be exported within 30 days or, if exporting becomes particularly complex, within three months.
The cancellation will be made within the technical time limits and in accordance with the period of conservation set in the following point 5.
4.3. Exercise of your rights
Any person using our service can:
- Obtain from the owner, at any time, information about the existence of their personal data, the origin of the same, the purposes and methods of processing and, if present, obtain access to personal data and information referred to in Article 15 of the GDPR;
- Request the updating, rectification, integration, deletion, limitation of the processing of data if one of the conditions laid down in Article 18 of the GDPR is met; the transformation into anonymous form or blocking of personal data processed in violation of the law, including data whose retention is not necessary for the purposes the data were collected for and / or subsequently processed;
- Oppose, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, the processing of data, even if pertinent to the purpose of collection and processing of personal data for purposes of commercial information or sending advertising materials or direct selling or for carrying out market research or commercial communication. Each user also has the right to withdraw consent at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on consent given before the withdrawal;
- Receive their personal data, provided knowingly and actively or using the service, in a structured format, customary and readable by automatic device, and transmit them to another data controller without hindrance;
- File a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in Italy.
Please note that for any question or request related to your personal data and to the respect of your privacy you can write to the dedicated address: email@example.com .
5. How and how long for will your data be kept?
Personal data will be kept in paper and/or electronic/computerized form for the time strictly necessary to fulfil the purposes referred to in point 1, in compliance with your privacy and current regulations.
When active users use their personal data for the provision of our services, invoices, accounting documents and data related to the transactions are stored for 11 years in accordance with the law (including tax liabilities).
For purposes of analysis aimed at developing and improving the service, the user's personal data may be subjects to the same retention period.
For direct marketing and profiling purposes we store your data for a maximum period equal to that provided for by the applicable legislation (24 and 12 months respectively).
In case of exercising the right to be forgotten through a request for express deletion of personal data processed by the owner, we remind you that such data will be stored, in a protected form and with limited access, only for purposes of investigation and prosecution of crimes, for a period not exceeding 12 months from the date of the request and subsequently they will be erased securely or anonymized irreversibly.
Finally, please note that for the same purposes, the data relating to telematic traffic will be stored for a period not exceeding 6 years from the date of communication, in accordance with art. 24 of Law no. 167/2017, which implemented EU Directive 2017/541 on anti-terrorism.
6. How do we ensure the protection of your data?
The data are collected by the subjects indicated in point 3, according to the indications of the relevant regulations, with particular regard to the security measures provided for by the GDPR (art. 32) for their processing by means of computerized, manual and automated tools and with logics strictly related to the purposes indicated in point 1 and in any case so as to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data themselves.
This policy may be subject to change. If substantial changes are made to the use of data relating to the user by the Owner, the latter will notify the user by publishing them clearly in their pages or by alternative or similar means.
Cookies and similar technologies
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that the sites visited by users send to their terminals or devices, where they are stored to be transmitted again to the same sites during subsequent visits. Cookies (and/or similar technologies such as SDK technologies for mobile devices) can be stored permanently (persistent cookies) on your device or can have a variable duration; indeed, they can be deleted by closing the browser or can have a duration limited to the single session (session cookies). Cookies can be installed by the website (first-party cookies) or by other websites (third-party cookies).
Cookies are used for different purposes as it is better specified in the following point 2 of this page.
For profiling activities, personal data collected through cookies are processed for a maximum period of 12 months from the moment consent to treatment is given. Below you will find all the information about cookies installed through the site and/or related applications, and the necessary instructions on how to manage your preferences regarding them.
We remind you that our site supports browsers and/or applications identified below for a proper provision of the service. For better results we recommend you download the latest version of your browser and/or app.
We remind you that we cannot guarantee the correct functioning of the service and the effectiveness of the indications contained in this statement for previous versions of browsers and/or unsupported apps.
1.1. Desktop site browsers
- Chrome version 49.0 or later;
- Firefox version 52.0 or later;
- Internet Explorer version 11 or later;
- Safari version 8 or later.
1.2. Mobile website browsers
- iOS 7.1 or later (iPhone 4 or later): Safari;
- Android 4.1 or later: Chrome 28.0 or later, Samsung Browser 3.3 or later, Android browser;
- Windows Phone 8.1 or later: IEMobile.
1.3. Browser for tablet devices
- iPad: Safari;
- Android: Android Browser.
- IOS 6.1.0 or later;
- Android 3.2.0 or later.
2. Which are the different kinds of cookies?
2.1. First-party cookies and related purposes
The main purposes of cookies installed by the website are:
- technical, they are used for purposes related to the provision of the service and to allow or improve navigation on our website or to store searches. These cookies are essential to ensure our platform is working properly;
- analytics, to collect statistical information on the use of the service by users (e.g. number of visitors, pages visited, ...). We use these cookies to analyze the traffic on our pages anonymously, without storing personal data.
2.2. Third-party cookies and related purposes
The main purposes of cookies installed by third parties are:
- analytical: to collect statistical information on the use of the service by users (e.g. number of visitors, pages visited, ...). These cookies are used to analyze the traffic on our pages anonymously, without storing personal data.
Third party: Google Analytics
- performance: through these cookies we can develop and implement the service, improving your experience of navigation, therefore its use.
Third party: No one
Third party: No one
In addition, cookies specially designed for “social networks” may be activated. They allow the user to interact via social networks (share function, Facebook). When a page contains this command, a direct connection is established with the selected social network.
The consent to the use of potential profiling cookies is provided by the user through the following methods: closing the banner containing the brief information, scrolling the page hosting the banner or clicking any of its elements and can be revoked at any time.
All technical cookies do not require user’s consent, so they are installed automatically as a result of access to the site or service.
Cookies can be completely disabled by the browser using the appropriate function provided in most browsers.
However, you should know that by deactivating cookies some of the website features may not be usable.
Here are the links to the policies of the main browsers for more information on the deactivation of cookies:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
Regarding potential profiling cookies aimed at offering you personalized advertising, we inform you that, if you exercise the opt-out, you will continue to receive general advertising in any case.
To opt out and disable personalized advertisements by changing the settings of your mobile devices, follow the instructions below:
on your device open the “Google Settings” app
scroll down and select “Google”
select “Disable interest-based ads” or “Disable ad personalization”
iOS devices use the Apple Advertising Identifier. To learn more about how to limit ad tracking with this identifier, visit the “Settings on your device” app or visit the page https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT205223.
5. Further information on cookies and how to exercise the opt-out
The Youronlinechoice (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/help) and Networkadvertising.org (http://optout.networkadvertising.org) offer the possibility to refuse or accept the cookies of many digital advertising professionals.
To learn more about targeted advertising, you can consult the following pages:
European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EIDAA) (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/)
Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) (http://www.networkadvertising.org/)
Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) (http://www.iab.com/)